02/22/17 – Wednesday
- 11 teens die every day as a result of texting while driving
- 21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phone
- According to AAA poll, 94% of teen drivers acknowledge the dangers of texting and driving, but 35% admitted to doing it anyway
(Found on: https://www.edgarsnyder.com/car-accident/cause-of-accident/cell-phone/cell-phone-statistics.html)
Don’t contribute to these statistics!
The first step is to admit that you are a distracted driver. Don’t be afraid to be honest. Most people don’t realize that they use their phone while driving and it has become a habit. It’s a choice that you make every single time you sit behind the wheel so let’s break that habit. It can not only impact or kill you, but you are also putting other’s in harms way by making a bad decision.
Here’s how to start:
- Check all messages and calls before starting the car
- Use a phone holder if you need directions on your phone
- Have the passenger check and reply messages / change the music
- Put a visual reminder in your car to remind you to not lay a hand on your cellular device
- Use Apps like AT&T DriveMode, It Can Wait Driving Simulation, and Safe Driving
- SPREAD THE WORD & SAVE LIVES
Take the pledge NOW to never distracted drive again at https://www.itcanwait.com
If this post hasn’t made you rethink your actions, check out this moving video…