Life is crazy huh? As I sit here reflecting on the last 20 years of my life, I am reminded of all sorts of memories. Some include struggles while others involve triumph. Every second I have spent on this earth is such a blessing as well as all the people that have entered this crazy 20 year journey with me. Thank you to my friends and family for always sticking by me through the ups and downs. Here’s to 21 and more adventures to come.
I created this list of 21 things I have learned while entering this age of 21. Enjoy!
1) Love others. No matter what, show the love you wish to recieve
2) Be bold! Take that job, go on that date, maybe even go skydiving spontaneously because life is too short to have regrets
3) Being uncomfortable is okay. This is actually where you learn and grow the most
4) Even if you fail, keep going
5) Treat yourself!
6) Love who you are who God created you to be
7) Life is too short not to eat good food
8) Avoid being ignorant. There is so much more to life when you open your mind
9) Travel whenever possible
10) Taking care of your body is crucial. This could involve working out, eating right, and even resting
11) Aim big. You can do absolutely anything you put your mind to
12) Laugh so hard you can’t help but cry and gasp for air
13) Weird is good
14) Cherish your family. They’ll be there for you even when it feels like your world has turned upside down
15) Instead of saying, “I have to ____” try saying “I get to____”
16) Hard work and determination goes a long way
17) Sometimes the only thing to do is let go, and let God
18) Embrace other cultures
19) Aim to live in the present
20) Remind yourself of all that you’re grateful for
21) The unknown is scary but also thrilling
Cheers to 21. And cheers to the past 20 years that have shaped who I am today.